12th April: Teak Seats!
The tides are poor at the moment and high pressure means light winds. However the warmer temperatures have allowed me to fit the teak panels on the cockpit seats. I decided to fit them in the winter when the seats proved slippery for standing in frosty conditions. I used Sikaflex 290DC primer on the teak panels, 205 activator on the seats, and 298 bedding adhesive to stick them down (2 “sausages”). The latter tended to get everywhere, fortunately I’d masked the area well plus 205 is a solvent (seems to be isopropyl alcohol). The panels tended to creep down-slope on the glue, another time I’d panel-pin them. The photo shows before and after, I’m really pleased how they look.