8th – 13th July: More Seafly work

8th July: Having got back from the Raid on Thursday, on Saturday 8th July (after watching the British Lions Test in NZ) I careened the Seafly, refitted the newly painted centreboard, and cleaned down the bottom of the hull again. I also checked the buoyancy tanks which were reassuringly dry. Lubricating the hatch o-rings really does work!

12th to 13th July: After quite a drought it rained on the 12th and I took the opportunity to clean the cockpit and decks of the Seafly. On the 13th I fixed the rubber fender on bits of the gunwhale where it was coming loose. I cleaned the surfaces with a sander and then used epoxy followed by replacing the small through bolts where they were missing.